10TH ANNUAL BLACKHAWKS CONVENTION SET FOR THIS WEEKEND AT THE HILTON CHICAGO
The 10th annual Chicago Blackhawks Convention will take place at the Hilton Chicago (720 S. Michigan Ave.) from Friday, July 21, to Sunday, July 23, with over 10,000 fans expected to attend.
The sold-out event, which is the first of its kind in the National Hockey League, will feature players, coaches and Blackhawks Alumni, along with team broadcasters and executives. The weekend includes 13 Q&A panels with players and front office staff, autograph and photo opportunities, an area dedicated to interactive games (Salon A) and over 40 vendors (Salon D). WGN Radio AM-720 will broadcast live from Salon A on Friday and the Continental Ballroom on Saturday, featuring Blackhawks guests throughout the weekend.
The 2017 Blackhawks Convention officially launches for media attending with a social that includes all current players and coaches on Friday in the Waldorf Room from 3:00-4:30 p.m. Master of Ceremonies and Blackhawks TV Color Analyst Eddie Olczyk will host the Opening Ceremonies in the International Ballroom beginning at 5:00 p.m. The Opening Ceremonies will also be carried live on CSN Chicago and WGN Radio. Seven panels located in the International Ballroom will be streamed live on chicagoblackhawks.com and mobile devices via the Official Blackhawks App throughout the weekend. For more information, please visit chicagoblackhawks.com.
Other highlights of the weekend include (subject to change):
- Patrick Sharp and Brandon Saad talk about their return to the Blackhawks on Saturday at 3:15 p.m.
- Local natives Ryan Hartman, Vinnie Hinostroza and Tommy Wingels join Blackhawks Community Liaison Jamal Mayers and Steve Konroyd to discuss the growth of youth hockey in the state of Illinois on Saturday at 4:45 p.m.
- Head Coach Joel Quenneville and new Assistant Coaches Ulf Samuelsson and Don Granato join current assistant Kevin Dineen and Goaltending Coach Jimmy Waite to reflect on last season and look ahead to chasing another Stanley Cup on Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
- Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz along with President & CEO John McDonough join Blackhawks radio play-by-play man John Wiedeman to discuss what it takes to lead an Original Six franchise on Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
- Kids under the age of 12 can join Patrick Kane, Connor Murphy, Nick Schmaltz, John Hayden and Tommy Hawk to play junior reporter in a kids-only press conference on Saturday at 12:00 p.m.
- Blackhawks Game Show, presented by The Second City on Saturday evening in the International Ballroom, where fans will compete in a variety of challenges with current and former Blackhawks players.
- Adam Burish, Nick Schmaltz, Vinnie Hinostroza and John Hayden get together to discuss their experiences as college hockey players and how that prepared them for the NHL on Sunday at 10:45 a.m.
- The Locker Room Sale in the Grand Ballroom throughout the weekend, featuring live and silent auctions of Blackhawks memorabilia and game-used equipment
- Fans can win VIP experiences, autographed memorabilia and more by sharing photos, videos and comments on social media using #BHC2017
- Convention attendees are encouraged to activate their convention passes by visiting blackhawksconventionaccess.com. By doing so, fans will be able to participate in all convention activities and will automatically be placed into the Blackhawks Convention Scratch and Win Autograph Lottery. Winners will be notified by email with further information on how to claim their prize.
2017 Blackhawks Convention Hours:
Friday, July 21: Registration begins at 12:00 p.m. in Salon B with all lower halls opening at 3:00 p.m.
Opening Ceremonies will begin at 5:00 p.m. in the International Ballroom
Saturday, July 22: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 23: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.