Fish Tales… Parmesan Crusted Grouper
Cooking had unfortunately become a necessity for me rather than a pleasure, as just recently I had a child. My newborn gives me about 20 minutes before she wants to be in my arms again. So this calls for some quick prep work and a fast shove in a hot oven. Grouper happens to be a fish I did not use very often for reasons I have yet to remember. Recently I bought a couple of filets. They smelled ocean fresh and were coincidentally on sale.
I combined several of my favorite ingredients: Parmesan cheese, lemon and garlic and had an incredible dinner in 30 minutes! I served this up with some simple steamed broccoli and garlic chili oil. Easy, fresh and delicious!!! Now if you will excuse me, – my newborn needs my attention!
2 pounds grouper, filleted and skinned
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. lemon and pepper spice
¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
½ a lemon juiced and zested
olive oil for frying
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat olive oil in a thick-bottomed pan.
2. Combine flour, salt, lemon pepper and toss to combine.
3. Dip each grouper fillet into flour mixture and gently place into hot oil. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. Place onto a foil covered baking pan. *Foil makes this a breeze to clean up. And I need all the help I can get right now! *
5. Combine Parmesan, lemon zest and parsley. Sprinkle mixture over each fillet and drizzle with reserved lemon juice.
6. Place into oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and fish is cooked through.
*I have a convection oven so my cooking time is significantly less than in a conventional oven. For a conventional oven you cook the fillets for about 10-12 minutes*